- Ahmad Ali
- And their leading chiefs said: "Remain attached to your gods. There is surely some motive behind it.
- Ali Qarai
- Their elite go about [urging others]: ‘Go and stand by your gods! This is indeed the desirable thing [to do].
- Amhad Khan
- And their leaders went about, “Leave him and cling steadfastly to your Gods! Indeed he has a hidden objective in this!”
- And the Council of them depart, saying 'Go! Be steadfast to your gods; this is a thing to be desired.
- And went forth the chiefs among them that, "Continue, and be patient over your gods. Indeed, this (is) certainly a thing intended.
- The chiefs among them departed saying: go, and persevere in your gods; verily this is a thing designed.
- Hilali & Khan
- And the leaders among them went about (saying): "Go on, and remain constant to your aliha (gods)! Verily, This is a thing designed (against you)!
- And the elders among them went forth saying: “Go ahead and be steadfast in adhering to your deities. What is being said is with a design.”
- Muhammad Sarwar
- A group of the pagans walked out of a meeting with the Prophet and told the others, "Let us walk away. Be steadfast in the worship of your gods. This man wants to dominate you.
- Muhammad Shakir
- And the chief persons of them break forth, saying: Go and steadily adhere to your gods; this is most surely a thing sought after.
- The chiefs among them go about, exhorting: Go and be staunch to your gods! Lo! this is a thing designed.
- Their assembly left (saying): 'Go, and be patient to your gods, this is something to be desired.
- Sahih Intl
- And the eminent among them went forth, [saying], "Continue, and be patient over [the defense of] your gods. Indeed, this is a thing intended.
- Talal Itani
- The notables among them announced: “Go on, and hold fast to your gods. This is something planned.
- Waintalaqa almalao minhum ani imshoo waisbiroo AAala alihatikum inna hatha lashayon yuradu
- Wahihuddin Khan
- Their leaders departed, saying, "Walk away! Hold fast to your deities. This is clearly a conspiracy.
- Yusuf Ali
- And the leader among them go away (impatiently), (saying), "Walk ye away, and remain constant to your gods! For this is truly a thing designed (against you)!
- وَٱنطَلَقَ ٱلْمَلَأُ مِنْهُمْ أَنِ ٱمْشُوا۟ وَٱصْبِرُوا۟ عَلَىٰٓ ءَالِهَتِكُمْ ۖ إِنَّ هَٰذَا لَشَىْءٌ يُرَادُ