- Ahmad Ali
- Except Iblis. He was filled with pride and turned an unbeliever.
- Ali Qarai
- but not Iblis; he acted arrogantly and he was one of the faithless.
- Amhad Khan
- Except Iblis; he was proud and was, from the beginning, a disbeliever.
- save Iblis; he waxed proud, and was one of the unbelievers.
- Except Iblis; he was arrogant and became of the disbelievers.
- Not so lblis. He grew stiffnecked and became of the infidels.
- Hilali & Khan
- Except Iblis (Satan) he was proud and was one of the disbelievers.
- except Iblis. He waxed proud and became one of the unbelievers.
- Muhammad Sarwar
- except Iblis who puffed himself up with pride and became a disbeliever.
- Muhammad Shakir
- But not Iblis: he was proud and he was one of the unbelievers.
- Saving Iblis; he was scornful and became one of the disbelievers.
- except iblis (satan, the father of the jinn), he became too proud, for he was one of the unbelievers.
- Sahih Intl
- Except Iblees; he was arrogant and became among the disbelievers.
- Talal Itani
- Except for Satan. He was too proud, and one of the faithless.
- Illa ibleesa istakbara wakana mina alkafireena
- Wahihuddin Khan
- but not Satan, who was too proud. He became one of those who deny the truth.
- Yusuf Ali
- Not so Iblis: he was haughty, and became one of those who reject Faith.
- إِلَّآ إِبْلِيسَ ٱسْتَكْبَرَ وَكَانَ مِنَ ٱلْكَٰفِرِينَ