Al Hijr (The rock) -
- Ahmad Ali
- Man We fashioned from fermented clay dried tingling hard,
- Ali Qarai
- Certainly We created man out of a dry clay [drawn] from an aging mud,
- Amhad Khan
- Indeed We created man from sounding clay made out of black smelly mud.
- Surely We created man of a clay of mud moulded,
- And verily, We created humankind (out) of sounding clay from black mud altered.
- And assuredly We have created human being from ringing clay of loam moulded.
- Hilali & Khan
- And indeed, We created man from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud.
- Surely We brought man into being out of dry ringing clay which was wrought from black mud,
- Muhammad Sarwar
- We have created the human being out of pure mud-moulded clay
- Muhammad Shakir
- And certainly We created man of clay that gives forth sound, of black mud fashioned in shape.
- Verily We created man of potter's clay of black mud altered,
- We created mankind from clay, molded from mud,
- Sahih Intl
- And We did certainly create man out of clay from an altered black mud.
- Talal Itani
- We created the human being from clay, from molded mud.
- Walaqad khalaqna alinsana min salsalin min hamain masnoonin
- Wahihuddin Khan
- We created man out of dry clay, from moulded mud,
- Yusuf Ali
- We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape;
- وَلَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا ٱلْإِنسَٰنَ مِن صَلْصَٰلٍ مِّنْ حَمَإٍ مَّسْنُونٍ